Monday, April 6, 2009

Wesley

Got some bad news today, Wesley is not doing well. His hind leg is swollen all the way up to the sheath , the vet thinks it is related to his melanomas. Dr. Sarah put him on antibiotics and bute, so hopefully that will help. We've done everything for Wesley we know how, Cimedidine and a new tumor vaccine which is new but has shown to be successful. This horse has been so good to me, I'm just going to be heartbroken when the inevitable happens, but I hope we can get this fixed and Wesley will stick around for awhile longer.  

4 comments:

SolitaireMare said...

Oh my heart is feeling for you. As another horse mom who's dealt with gray horse melanoma, I know exacly what you are feeling. Please know you and Wesley are in my thoughts.

Ellie said...

Thanks Solitare, I'm feeling pretty miserable right now, I can certainly use all the help I can get.

Nina said...

Poor little Werther!!!!!! Give him lots of cuddles and carrots!!!! You are both in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Keep us posted on how the little trooper in progressing!

SolitaireMare said...

Just checking back to see how Wesley and you are doing.