Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Halter

Werther's new halter came today, it is very handsome, but I was not successful it getting a good picture of him in it today. We get our halter's from Quillin Leather & Tack in Paris, KY, they make beautiful and durable leather pieces. Andre rode Werther yesterday, and while he was not exactly wild, she did say that he took less leg than usual. I rode Werther in the indoor, he was extremely good about mounting, he did not even try to crib on the railing of the viewing area as I got on. Werther was initially a little looky when we got to the far end of the ring, from the windows he could see some guys outside that were using hoses to run fertilizer to our trees. Werther did not do anything bad but  he did want to stop and see what they were doing, which I let him do, and then he moved on without too much complaint. I had difficulty with the canter transition, he has figured out my game plan of walk trot transitions to get him collected and is really anticipating me. I think I need to shake things up a little, so I am having a lesson with Andre tomorrow, and I am sure she will be able to give me some insight as to the best way to do that. 

No comments: