Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Big Shoes to Fill

I had a job interview and could not get out to the barn today, so I thought I would showcase some of my old horses, so you can see who Werther has to live up toThis is Twinkie, he was my first pony. Twinkie is a large pony of unknown breeding, he taught me how to ride again after I had major surgery on my left leg for cerebral palsy. This is me at about twelve winning my first ribbion in a hunter under saddle class. Twinkie is currently in his mid-thirites and is retired with us.

This is Noa, nickname "The turbo wench". I leased her in high school. She was an Argentine Polo Pony x Thoroughbred cross. Noa was the first horse I was ever able to show over fences, and she had this great boss personality, Noa really wanted to take care of her rider. Sadly, my junior year, Noa was out in the paddock and fell and broke her leg above the knee and had to be put down.

This is Wesley. He is the love of my life, I was able to show him extensively thorough college. He is an aged Thoroughbred gelding who won about $60 dollars on the track. He was totally automatic, in fact, he would get downright pissed if I tried to pick a distance. He currently can only be ridden lightly because of complications from his melanomas. :(


Bonus picture, the grumpy old men. If I had to guess just from this pick, I would say Werther is the Thoroughbred and Wesley is the Warmblood.

No comments: